Liberation Day, a holiday in Amsterdam
During Liberation Day, the liberation of the Netherlands is celebrated extensively in Amsterdam. Many activities and events have been organized throughout the city. We make this day even more unique by celebrating the liberation from the water. Cruise through the center of Amsterdam while enjoying all the fun and festivities along the water.
Why do you celebrate Liberation Day on the water with Rent A Boat Amsterdam?
- The best way to celebrate a national holiday is in the capital;
- We have the right boat for every weather condition;
- You really experience the sense of freedom on the water.
Make your boat trip even better during Liberation Day with one of our drinking and eating arrangements. And enjoy a snack and a drink during your boat trip. You can directly make a completely informal request. At the latest within 24 hours you will receive a response from us (often already the same working day)! Call us on +31 (0)20 - 624 76 35. Our team is happy to think along with you about an unforgettable cruise with your group through Amsterdam.
Boating is suitable during Liberation Day for every weather type
The weather varies a lot during Liberation Day. The coldest Liberation Day was close to freezing, and the warmest was close to 30 degrees. We even had a white Liberation Day before. Fortunately, you aren’t dependent on the weather at Rent A Boat Amsterdam. We have open boats where you can enjoy the sun lovely. And we also have covered and heated saloon boats for the colder Liberation Day.
Three tips to celebrate freedom in Amsterdam
From and on the water, there is plenty to do during Liberation Day in Amsterdam. Various events are organized throughout the (inner) city. Mostly, you can enjoy them for free. Our three tips for this day:
- Tip 1: You can enjoy a meal of freedom at about 100 locations in Amsterdam. Tens of thousands of people from Amsterdam come together. Many meals are free. We would like to bring you to one of these ‘freedom meals’.
- Tip 2: The Liberation Festival is held every year in the Westerpark. Various bands and DJ's perform on seven different stages. We gladly drop you off at the festival after a nice boat trip. Or we will pick you up there.
- Tip 3: True to tradition, Liberation Day concludes with the Concert op de Amstel. A unique music event on the water, led by The Metropole Orchestra and where the royal family are present as guests of honour. Access is free.
Ask about our boats and arrangements. Discover our 'service with a smile' and make completely informal request via the website, or call us at +31 (0)20 - 624 76 35.
Wonderful boat and everything was really arranged down to the last detail! This is exactly what you want from a relaxed afternoon sailing.